Radio Documentary

Place to post information relating to films , books, rescources relating to the Hull Fishing Industry
HWalkerBrown

Radio Documentary

Postby HWalkerBrown » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Thank you for letting me join your network.

My name is Hana and I am currently studying an MA in Radio at Goldsmiths in London. I make radio documentaries on real people with real stories and I was hoping you could maybe help me with my next project.

My dad has lived in Hull for the past 18 years so I have grown up there part time. Hull is very close to my heart and I have been fascinated with stories of the sea for as long as I can remember and still am. I have been spending days and nights researching this piece which combines documentary with drama in what I hope will be an honest and moving encounter of life at sea. I want to give the listener a truthful account of what it was really like out there but also to give a voice to those who perhaps haven't spoken about their experiences.

As it is radio anyone willing to share there stories can remain completely anonymous if they wish and just their voice will be heard. I appreciate this is probably a strange request but if you could help point me in the right direction of anyone that would be happy to speak to me regarding their experiences on Trawlers I would be really grateful!

Ray coles

Re: Radio Documentary

Postby Ray coles » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

I think a number of old Trawlermen would like to relate some of their storys.but to speak into a microphone that I don't know.
Ray Coles

darrell03

Re: Radio Documentary

Postby darrell03 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:42 am

HELLO HANNA.
download torch browser then type in distant grounds you will get all the old stories of hull and the trawlers and wat it was like.
I don.t think there.s many old trawler men left now. I do hope this helps you hanna.

Return to “FILMS / BOOKS / RESCOURCES”